Announcing Our 2017 Corps
This year, Teach For America welcomed an outstanding group of 3,500 leaders committed to educational equity for all students. More than 100 of those exceptional leaders chose to join our network here in the Las Vegas Valley. Made up of diverse individuals, including military veterans and DACA recipients, the 2017 Las Vegas Valley corps will continue to work alongside our over 70 2016 corps members, more than 330 alumni, and the many committed members of our community to ensure that all students in the Las Vegas Valley have access and the opportunity to attain an excellent education.
- Almost two thirds of incoming corps members identify as people of color.
- Three out of five corps members received Pell Grants, a scholarship awarded to low income students.
- Half of our corps members are the first in their families to attend college.
- One in ten of our corps members grew up in the Las Vegas Valley.
- When combined with our 2016 cohort, our corps members reach 15,500 students in Clark County School District